Making meaningful and sustainable contributions
Citi Housing will engage openly and respectfully with community stakeholders. We will make meaningful and sustainable contributions to the communities where we work.
Social Responsibility Policy. Citi Housing is committed to making a positive impact in the communities where we work. We recognize that our role in social responsibility extends to all aspects of our activities including health, safety, environment and social. We will understand and integrate social factors into our decision-making process at all stages of our activities - from exploration and operations through to closure and reclamation.
Our Social Responsibility Commitments Include:
- Engaging regularly, openly and honestly with our host communities and all stakeholders.
- Understanding the views of people impacted by our operations and considering these in our decision making.
- Respecting and avoiding negative impact on existing cultures and heritage in our host communities.
- Ensuring that our social responsibility is evident in our commitments to responsible health, safety and environmental performance.
- Making positive contributions to society by investing in community development projects in the communities where we operate.
- Committing to sustainable community development in areas of health, education and economic development.
- Respecting human rights and acting with due diligence to avoid infringing on the rights of others, addressing adverse impacts that occur, and facilitating access to remedy.
- Respecting the rights and interests of land owners, and identifying and understanding the interests and perspectives of land owners when seeking to develop an agriculture land.
- Building awareness and capacity to identify, understand and manage the social impacts of our presence.
- Employees, contractors and suppliers are expected to demonstrate awareness and act with behavior that supports the intention of this policy.